Friday, August 22, 2008

Pen twirling

You know you are an 83er if you have mastered the art of pen twirling. I was just talking to Ryan "Tignap" Lantin about some inane stuff (actually, it was about The Beatles' song "Paperback Writer" and how they were singing "Frére Jacques" in the background, something Casey Kasem mentioned on one AT40 show, so I guess it was not that inane) and -- out of the blue -- Tigs asks "hey, Nico and Kepot (Niccolo Ramos and Kevin Yaptengco, respectively) just texted me and are asking who Pen Twirling Jedi Master Number 5 was? (I guess they were discussing the chronological list of PT Masters in some bar or other) Was it you?" While I do know how to twirl a pen both ways (I guess you could say I'm bi) for hours non-stop, I do not know what PT Jedi Master No. I am in the long list of ignoble Masters of this holy craft. Which made me think, "hmmmm, does the world know of this fine craft?" So, I did what any learned historian would do, I checked "youtube". And I unearthed this video of some PT masters,



and I am quite flummoxed, these folks are waaaaaaayyyyy better than me. So, to my fellow PT Jedi Masters, I ask, can you do this? Cuz, I sure can't. It looks like we have some work to do.


8383838383838383838383838383838383838383


P.S. While researching for this post, I came across this FAQ of sorts for The Beatles' song I had mentioned.

So, interesting diddy on the "Frére Jacques" bit. The site says "John Lennon and George Harrison sang the French nursery rhyme "Frére Jacques" in the background. The Frére Jacques part has nothing to do with John Lennon - Paul just thought it was clever - but it does translate to "Brother John."

No comments: